Rarely will something significant in life happen by accident. When it came to finances, relationships, or buying a house you followed some type of plan to achieve your goal. This is why it is important to carefully plan where you want to go to ensure greater chance of reaching your goals.
A plan will:
- Increase productivity
- Provide focus
- Ability to track progress
- Sense of fulfillment
The Raginpreneur process is to use the SPRINTS Method of goal creation and execution. This process is a 12 week sprint which defines a goal and then follows a process to achieve your goal. These are the 7 major points of the Sprints method:
1. Set a Goal
- Set the goal you want to achieve over the next 12 weeks. Or a larger goal which you will accomplish a piece of over the next 12 weeks.
- It is important to understand your position during this process. When and where will you work on this goal over the next 12 weeks.
- You will need to find your rhythm over the next 12 weeks. How long can you work on your goal during this time? Will working on your goal have an adverse impact on other parts of your life. When you find your rhythm during this time your work will be enjoyable, efficient, and effective.
- How are you going to be intentional about achieving your goals? What habit are you going to build or put into practice in order to make working on your goal a practical part of your life?
5. Navigate Obstacles
- What obstacles are you going to face over the next 12 weeks and how are you going to deal with and address them appropriately?
6. Take Breaks
- You can’t work on your goals in every waking free moment. You will eventually burn out or get frustrated? Over the next 12 weeks you need to build in intentional breaks and rewards as you move toward your goals.
- Even the best laid plans will fail or be thwarted by forces outside your control. How will you be flexible and stretch yourself over the next 12 weeks to meet you goal. The lack of flexibility will cause frustration and can possibly derail you from reaching your goal.
Click here to learn more about the SPRINTS Method and download your free SPRINTS Journal workbook. You can also learn more about coaching, courses, and webinars offered around the SPRINTS Method.
The Thrival Guide
Subscribe to get you free Thrival Guide: 10 Tips to Thrive Through the Challenges and Distractions of Modern Life!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Most Liked Posts
- A Little Soul Care Goes a Long Way! By Eric Eaton on November 30, 2016 1
- Lessons Learned From Our Technology Diet By Eric Eaton on May 10, 2017 1
- 5 Ways to Bend so You Don’t Break By Eric Eaton on December 14, 2016 0
- Stop the Insanity! Why Our Family Started a Technology Diet By Eric Eaton on March 22, 2017 0